Thursday, April 10, 2014

daily grace


I wrote and compiled most of A Daybook of Grace a couple years ago and "packaged" it for Fall River Press (an imprint of Sterling Publishing, owned by Barnes & Noble). After three years in the market, the publishing team at Falls River recently updated and upgraded it with an exquisite new cover. (Thanks Stefan and Betsy.)

This project will always be near and dear to my heart for a couple of reasons. Of course I like (and really need) a daily devotional book to help me focus spiritually and emotionally each morning. I also like the title and the theme of daily grace. There are certainly some mad-dash sprints in life, but overall it is a marathon that takes daily endurance.
But what really makes the project special to me is how many problems I had during the process of preparing it for publication. I can't go into details, but one of my vendors had a personal crisis that spilled over into the development and timeline, which meant unplanned late night and early morning writing sessions, and a couple rounds of re-budgeting. (What I dealt with paled in comparison to what my friend had to go through.)

My wife likes to remind me that when strange, idiopathic challenges arise, "something good is about to happen." And as Daybook went to press that was indeed the case. The new release is another good thing to happen. It is even better that it happened a couple years later - that means the book has done well.

Daybook of Grace is my lovely reminder that grace really is a daily need and blessing.


Daybook of Grace is available at all Barnes and Noble stores and B&N.com, Amazon.com, and other fine booksellers.


2 comments:

  1. Give me a shot at your next cover! I've done 100s for Zondervan, Baker, Word, Nelson, Harvest House, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered the book, Mark. Thank you for the heads up. By the way, the cover is absolutely glorious.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think?