Monday, April 29, 2013

a prayer for courage

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

Dear God,

With You on my side, I know in my mind that I have absolutely nothing to fear. But I still have a fear in my heart. There are times when I take my eyes off You - when I forget Your promise that You will never leave me nor forsake me - and I let fear invade and take control of my life. 

Right now I feel defeated by fear. I am not doing what I am supposed to in life because I am afraid of what will happen to me. I am struggling to trust You to protect and empower me. My eyes are focused on what I perceive to be threats all around me, rather than focused on You. Even before I speak it, You know the specific fear that is most plaguing my life right now.

God, I ask that You do a work in my heart and my mind that I cannot do myself. Please remove the fear that is robbing me of joy, purpose, and success. Help me to trust You as the one true source of courage. I don't claim courage through my own strength, but I do receive the courage I need for the challenges and tasks facing me because I trust You and I know You love me.

I affirm Your promise that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Thank You for the courage that comes from that trust.

In Your Mighty Name - Amen


Believers look up - take courage. The angels are nearer than you think. - Billy Graham



God's Help for Your Every Need: 101 Life-Changing Prayers
From God's Help by Mark Gilroy
Published by Howard Books (Simon and Schuster) in 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?